These light, crispy cookies are packed with fun ingredients perfect for Halloween. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup diced candy orange slices
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or raisins
- Additional raisins or chocolate chips and candy orange slices
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cereal, orange slices and chips or raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork. Decorate with raisin or chocolate chip eyes and orange slice mouths. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Editor's Note: Orange slices cut easier if microwaved for 5 seconds on high and cut with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.