- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in eggs; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil to 375° in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFamily-Favorite Fried Chicken
"This is not a good recipe if you like flavor. The coating is great, but the flavor profile is very bland....thumbs down"
"RecipeI does not use any marinade or injection. Very generic taste. Sans buttermilk, very generic recipe. But C for effort of simplicity. Works far better if you either marinate or inject chicken at least 12 hours before cutting up into sections. Also, fry chicken breasts at a slightly lower temperature ( about 10 degrees) for 7 minutes longer."
"I have been looking for a good coating for chicken wings and this is it!! I deep fried them for about 9 minutes and they were perfect along with ranch dressing for dipping. I did substitute Panko for the bread crumbs, the wings were perfectly crisp! Can't wait to make the wings again and other chicken pieces."
"So good! A great variation to buttermilk fried chicken. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne to the dredge for a little kick."
"I didn't know fried chicken could be so G...OOD!"