- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in eggs; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil to 375° in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFamily-Favorite Fried Chicken
"I have been looking for a good coating for chicken wings and this is it!! I deep fried them for about 9 minutes and they were perfect along with ranch dressing for dipping. I did substitute Panko for the bread crumbs, the wings were perfectly crisp! Can't wait to make the wings again and other chicken pieces."
"So good! A great variation to buttermilk fried chicken. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne to the dredge for a little kick."
"I didn't know fried chicken could be so G...OOD!"