Coffee lovers will go crazy for cakes made with this heavenly filling. It's rich, decadent...irresistible! —Megan Byers, Wichita, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1-1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix espresso powder and water until smooth; cool. In a large bowl, beat the Mascarpone cheese, confectioners' sugar, cream, vanilla and espresso mixture on medium speed until creamy and slightly thickened (do not overmix). Spread between cake layers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 222 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Toffee Bar Brownie Torte in Taste of Home November 2011