- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) pie crust mix
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add flour, seasoned salt and parsley; stir until well coated. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into meat mixture. Add potatoes, carrots and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare pie crusts according to package directions. On a floured surface, roll each pie crust mixture into a 12-in. square. Cut each square into four 6-in. squares. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture in center of each square.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water and fold over meat mixture to form a triangle. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Make a 1-in. slit in the top of each triangle. Place on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 pasties.
Reviews forEasy Cornish Pasties
"I lived in London 30 years ago and that's where I discovered Cornish Pasties. I've loved them ever sense and whenever I see them on a menu or in a store, I buy them. But none of them tasted exactly like what I remembered the ones in London tasting like...until this one!So though someone said, "a bit different than the traditional ones" I disagree. Just like the East London traditional ones!So fabulously tasty!! This will become a weekly dish in my home."
"Awesome flavor! Never had a pastie before but everyone is already asking for these to be made again. I made them with ground turkey and used the Never Fail pie Crust from TOH (just type it into the search engine) and they turned out wonderful! I should have doubled the recipe because there weren't any leftovers!"