Date-Filled Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool to room temperature. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 183 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 4, 2012
This recipe yields 36 Date-Filled Sandwich Cookies (3 Dozen). The recipe is made from scratch, but will take very little extra work for the cook! They will taste great. You can make a gift of these cookies.