- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and baking soda. In a large saucepan, bring cola to a boil; cook 7-9 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Stir in butter, oil and cocoa; return to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, whisking constantly. Transfer to prepared dish. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in baking dish on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Serve cake with topping and strawberries. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCola Cake with Strawberries & Cream
"I made some Coke cola chocolate cake. About 5.year ago . I have made Coke cake strawberry& cream and root beer cake. I'm a baker and I have a bakery shop in Naperville IL for 9 year. I make chocolate toffee truffle brownie and espresso brownie . I make any thing with chocolate and truffles and espresso pretty keep with new ideal that help me come up with new flavors"
"Delicious. Made as is and won't change a thing."
"I like that there is a lower amount of sugar in the topping rather than the normal 3-4 cups for normal frosting. (There are other places to reduce the calories if one desires--like lo-fat sour cream and lo fat buttermilk,). I liked the flavor enhancement idea of reducing the cola down to 1 cups. And, NO ELECTRIC MIXER!!! This recipe expresses the know-how of a very talented baker. Thank you Peggy Walpert. I'm looking forward to making this!"