Coconut Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut and poppy seeds.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 48-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 255 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
May 19, 2015
So good and easy. I used a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding yum!
Apr 3, 2015
I loved the idea of using the coconut pudding mix. Actually, I cringe at the price every time I buy a small bottle of extract. My sons love this cake, and the coconut cream pudding is a perfect replacement.
Oct 30, 2012
I was actually looking for a lemon poppy seed cake receipe when I found this ,so I used a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding. I wasn't too sure about using the coconut with the lemon,but I did and I was really happy with the end result!Instead of powdwered sugar,I warmed up a prepared lemon frosting and poured it over the top of the cooled cake. Everyone loved it and are already asking when we can have it again. Very moist cake and it tastes even better the next day.
Jan 15, 2012
Great recipe. I used coconut pudding mix as I didn't have the extract. A great recipe for a pot luck.
Sep 6, 2011
Yummy. And even easier if you just use coconut cream pudding instead of vanilla - then you can eliminate adding coconut and extract.
May 8, 2010
An easy dessert that looks and tastes great!
Jan 22, 2010
Tasted real good with a warm cup of coffee.
Feb 26, 2009
what are the nutritional facts on this Poppy Seed Bundt Cake. We are Diabetics and have to watch our Carbs. Thank You
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.