- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar and coconut. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle. Using hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, mold rounded tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture into egg shapes. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Remove eggs from the freezer a few at a time; dip into chocolate mixture until completely coated. Return to waxed paper; refrigerate until hardened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut Cream Eggs
"Never solidified to something workable, even after 48 hours in the freezer, let alone something you could dip into warm chocolate and not have it fall apart on you."
"triple the coconut and add vanilla extract and this recipe is awesome"
"easy to make and really yummy."
"These eggs were delicious.Great to use as a filling in my Easter egg chocolate mould."