Chunky Fresh Mango Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar and whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in mango and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 6-in. round baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with confectioners' sugar and whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 423 calories, 26g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 12, 2017
I replaced canola oil with olive oil for the cake. And the top of the cake burnt. Could you tell me why that happened?
Jul 6, 2016
I made this cake yesterday. I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 9 inch pan for 35 minutes. Most likely will make again. Very good.
Apr 10, 2016
Mar 25, 2016
This is absolutely delicious!! I'm amazed how something so easy can taste so amazingly good. Bravo!!!!
Dec 10, 2015
Loved this cake and it was a huge hit at the Christmas party. I followed the recipe except used applesauce instead of oil and added maybe an extra half-cup of mangoes. It filled my 8-inch pan most of the way (I was nervous it would overflow but it didn't) and took about 45 minutes to bake. Tastes kind of like a light, moist fruitcake - I think this is joining my annual Christmas menu!
Aug 24, 2015
I live in Florida and I was trying to figure out what to do with all the mangoes that come into season besides mango salsa. This cake is absolutely one of the best I've ever tasted. My family agrees. I double this recipe for one cake and quadruple it for two (plus a little extra for muffins.) I also put in double the amount of mango since I have so many but it's not necessary. It seems to me that this recipe would be wonderful with peaches also.
Jun 23, 2014
awesome!!! i doubled the recipe to get a larger cake & baked it for about 45 minutes at 375. Baking time mostly depends on your oven. I just tested it every few minutes after 30 minutes.
Sep 24, 2012
This is light and delicious! I took it to a tailgate and a dinner party, and it was a huge success!
Aug 27, 2011
Loved it! Tripled the recipe and made two 9 in cakes. Also left out the pecans and used pastry flour instead of all-purpose.
Oct 8, 2010
I doubled the recipe and used an 8 in. cake pan. I served it without any icing, whipped cream or powdered sugar. Everyone liked it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.