- 24 double-stuffed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 red maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- 48 sliced almonds
- 1 small tube green decorative icing gel
- 1 small tube red decorative icing gel
- Carefully twist cookies apart; set aside the halves with cream filling. Save plain halves for another use.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip in melted chocolate, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. Place on the cream filling of cookie, with cherry stem extending beyond cookie edge.
- For ears, place slivered almonds between the cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set. With green gel, pipe holly leaves on the cream. With red gel , pipe holly berries between leaves and pipe eyes on each chocolate kiss. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Reviews forChristmas Eve Mice
"sorry, I took so long to rate. I made the mice for Christmas for my grandchildren. They are so cute I promise they will bring a smile to everyone's face. The were so cute no one wanted to eat them."
"everybody loves these little mice. it's easier to use a white chocolate oreo"
"These are absolutely adorable!!! Definately making these this year. Thank you for sharing"
"These are great, take some time. I used chow mein noodles for tails as I had cherries without stems and they still look really cute:-) I pushed them lightly into the frosting so they would hold. One thing I found out is the "tail" should be level with the frosting or the cherry rolls to the side and then it is a mess. Also, I got white frosting and used that to frost the halves with no frosting so as to use the whole cookie. It worked out great, no waste that way."
"Learned to make these in a "Wilton" class years ago. Forgot all about it. I will make these again."
"We had fun making them and the best part was eating them the kids had fun."
"I made these today and they are so cute. If you create an assembly line they go together easily. I look forward to the reactions when I take them to the cookie swap."
"Was such a hit!!"
"Great recipe. Make sure you dry the cherries with papertowel before dipping in the melted chocolate. Adorable and a huge hit at my office party!!!"