Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, butter and salt until blended. Stir in 3 cups pretzels.
- Shape pretzel mixture into 1-in. balls; transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets.
- Microwave remaining peanut butter on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over truffles; sprinkle with remaining pretzels. Refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles
"These were so delicious! I took them to a party and everyone raved about them. I did not bother topping with the pretzels or peanut butter but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It does taste like a crunchy Buckeye. Highly recommend this recipe."
"These are amazing! They are like buckeyes but better. The pretzel keeps its crunch even after they're stored a few days in the frig. Definitely will be a repeat holiday treat!"
"great taste;no one will guess the center filling."