Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, butter and salt until blended. Stir in 3 cups pretzels.
- Shape pretzel mixture into 1-in. balls; transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets.
- Microwave remaining peanut butter on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over truffles; sprinkle with remaining pretzels. Refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles
"Wasn't impressed for all the steps involved so won't be making again. It looks like some others did enjoy them by the reviews so that's good."
"Made these yesterday. They are different but really good. They are not smooth like a traditional truffle and they certainly aren't buckeyes but the sweet and salty combination is really good. Chilling the 'dough' certainly is essential to a good outcome. I would definitely recommend these treats!"
"Sorry did not like these at all. The flavor was not good, did not taste like buckeyes that is for sure. Again I wish I could give a better rating."
"These were so delicious! I took them to a party and everyone raved about them. I did not bother topping with the pretzels or peanut butter but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It does taste like a crunchy Buckeye. Highly recommend this recipe."
"These are amazing! They are like buckeyes but better. The pretzel keeps its crunch even after they're stored a few days in the frig. Definitely will be a repeat holiday treat!"
"great taste;no one will guess the center filling."