- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 Mounds candy bars (1-3/4 ounces each), coarsely chopped, optional
- Microwave butter on high until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cookie crumbs, coconut and cream of coconut until blended (mixture will be wet). Spread onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- For filling, beat butter, cream of coconut and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach a spreading consistency. Spread over crust.
- For topping, microwave chocolate chips and oil until melted; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; spread over filling. If desired, sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate-Coconut Layer Bars
"These bars tasted good, but need some adjustments for preparing them. It was extremely difficult to get them out of the pan. The bottoms stuck to the pan, and the chocolate topping cracked and crumbled when cutting. I would recommend lining the pan with parchment first, or using a low-sided sheet pan. I would also be sure to spread a thin layer of chocolate topping on the top before cutting."