VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread green chilies in a greased 11x7-in baking dish; sprinkle with olives, onion and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, biscuit mix, milk and pepper until blended. Stir in cottage cheese; pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked souffle, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove souffle from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed, increasing time as necessary until golden, puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chile Relleno Souffle in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2015, p32