These individual chicken breast rolls may take some time to prepare, but their outstanding flavor makes it well worth it. Get ready to copy the recipe for all who taste it!
Recommended: Panini Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; brush each with honey. Combine spinach and cheese; place about 2 tablespoons in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over filling; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. Place, seam side down, in a shallow pan. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375°. Fry chicken, several rolls at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Florentine in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p82