Cherry Pecan Dreams
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange zest. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the chips, cherries and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 166 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 18, 2018
Delicious and easy to make. I love the pop of flavor the orange peel provides. I made them exactly as directed and got 29 cookies using my black-handled scoop from King Arthur Flour--I believe it's a 2 tablespoon scoop.
Dec 9, 2015
I just made these used cranberries instead of cherries. Turned out great. Will save for next Christmas!
Mar 24, 2013
My family really enjoyed these cookies! The only thing I did different was substitute walnuts for the pecans. Also, I didn't think the dough could hold 2 cups of white choc chips and 1 cup of dried cherries, so I halved those amounts. Cookies turned out crunchy and had a great taste. Will definitely make again!
Dec 13, 2012
Made these with gluten free flour and they were fabulous, it made way more than 3 dozen
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.