Cardamom Cheesecake Bars
Fans of cheesecake will love these bite-size desserts. Crunchy and smooth, they're perfect for the holidays—or any other time for that matter!—Judi Oudekerk, Buffalo, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, 1 teaspoon cardamom and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and remaining cardamom. Cut in cold butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cardamom Cheesecake Bars in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.