Caraway Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 199 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 5, 2017
I made this yesterday to go with loaded potato soup. I had to use Greek plain non fat yogurt instead of plain regular yogurt. It turned out wonderful. The cut of the bread is beautiful & supper moist. I also used 2% cheddar cheese, and whole grain dijion mustard. My husbanded loved it. I did add the whole 2 teaspolns of caraway seeds, my husband loves caraway seeds. I will make again for sure.
Jan 18, 2017
This is so good. I left out the caraway seeds and tablespoon of Dijon mustard. I added black pepper and 1t. dried chives and used a little less cheese but should have used the full amount. This definitely needs more salt. It's very moist and uses plain yogurt. I didn't have quite enough yogurt, just had 5.3oz so I?added enough whole milk to it to equal the 8oz. that was needed. I made this in a 9"x5" loaf pan, as specified, for 30 minutes. I'd definitely make this again.I got this recipe from Taste of Home's Complete Guide To Baking hardcover cookbook.