VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 40 to 50 edible blossoms or flower petals of your choice, such as pansies, edible orchids or rose petals
- 1-1/4 cups superfine sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve meringue powder in water. Lightly brush over all sides of flowers to coat completely. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Let dry on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet for 1-2 days. Use as a garnish for dessert. Yield: 40-50 candied flowers.
Originally published as Candied Flowers in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p13