VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the beef, bacon and bratwurst. Stir in the beans. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p90
Reviews forCampfire Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2008
"Why does every campfire recipe have to include ground beef, beans or hot dogs? I've written 3 camping cookbooks and edited dozens of others. I hardly every use these ingredients?"