Brownie Graduation Caps
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 25 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 48 fudge graham cookies or graham cracker halves
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 48 pieces red shoestring licorice
- 48 Skittles bite-size candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for cakelike brownies. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 21-24 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely (remove paper liners while cupcakes are still warm).
- Slice 1/8-in. from the top of each cupcake to level. Invert cupcakes; attach a cookie to each with a small amount of frosting. For tassel, place a licorice piece and a candy on top of each cookie, attaching with frosting. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 833 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 166g carbohydrate (127g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
I would like to make these and use them at my grandsons HS Graduation. I'd like to make them as table place favors. What can I use under them so they don't stick to the table place setting?
Jun 16, 2014
I made these for my eighth grade students who are graduating from Middle school. They loved them and asked me where I got the recipe. They thought the brownies were so creative and they appreciated them so much. These were easy to make and lots of fun. I used chocolate graham crackers for the top of the cap. I probably will make them again another year for my students.
May 20, 2014
i made these for 3 grads that are graduating this year. all of them loved them and they were the hit of 3 parties. i used mini brownies rather then making my own.
Dec 17, 2011
Made them for our daughter's graduation. They were a hit - cute and fun to eat.
May 29, 2011
I made these as my gift for a young friend's grade school "graduation" using purchased "two bite" brownies from Costco and Sam's Club. Huge hit! She has already requested these treats for her midle school and high school graduations! =)
May 28, 2009
I have made them with mini peanut butter cups. Also delicious and a lot less hassle! You still use the fudge graham crackers and the frosting to stick them together
May 27, 2009
great idea i found sugar free chocolate covered graham crackers and used reduced sugar brownie mix and frosting and no one noticed the difference.A BIG thank yousandy Watts
May 26, 2009
were a hit! I had trouble getting brownies out of mini pan,so just baked in square pan,cut into small squares...
May 24, 2009
Our Curves group will be making these for our HS grads that are members of the local Curves . Looking forward to making and sharing them. Not exactly in our food plan....... but just this once?? .........
May 23, 2009
I made this twice last year and it was a hit both times. Will make it again this June and I know it will be a hit again. LMD