Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 tube (6 ounces) decorating frosting in color of your choice
- 24 After Eight thin mints
- 24 milk chocolate M&M's in color of your choice or 24 semisweet chocolate chips
- Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups; place upside down on waxed paper. Place a small amount of frosting on each peanut butter cup; center a mint on each. Using frosting, make a loop for each cap's tassel. Place an M&M on top of each loop.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 92 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
May 29, 2019
These After Eight mints are still available ... just Google it...found on Amazon.
Nov 8, 2015
After Eight Thin Mints aren't made anymore, but Aldi's brand called Moser Roth Fine Chocolates were the perfect size and the only thing I found that worked. Otherwise it was very frustrating trying to find the After Eight mints! I wish someone could change that original recipe. Party City had M&Ms in all one color which I used (school colors) for the M&M and tassel. A real hit at the party!
Jun 28, 2015
I used a chocolate cover gram cracker square. Could not find the mint candy anywhere.
Jun 17, 2015
Excellent! Made this for my grandson's graduation party. Could not find after dinner mints so I used Ghirardrelli squares chocolate.
May 27, 2015
We could not find after eight mints, so we used Ghirardelli squares. Rave reviews from all who saw them and ate them.
Apr 7, 2015
quick, easy, and cute! was perfect to send into school. I will be making this again when my daughter graduates!
May 12, 2014
These are so easy and nice that you can use your school colors.
May 6, 2014
Such a cute idea! I've looked all over for the After Eight Mints. Could some of you share where you are finding the mints? Thanks!
Apr 30, 2014
The graduation caps are very simple and a nice touch for the graduate!
Jun 5, 2013
Made these for my daughter's graudation and I used 2 Hershey's for the top part, blue M&M's and yellow licorice.....THEY LOOKED GREAT!!!!!!! SUCH A HIT!!!