My family loves bruschetta, so why not have it for breakfast? This gives us a healthy start to the morning, and takes very little effort. You get all the traditional flavors, and with egg added, it makes a great meal. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix the first six ingredients. Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet; top with tomato mixture. Bake until heated through, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Top each English muffin half with scrambled eggs; sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Breakfast Bruschetta in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.