My Godson and I made this cake after fun day at the science museum. We've made it several times now, and we get a kick out of experimenting with the frosting colors. —Faith Cromwell, San Francisco, California
Featured In: "Finger" Food Halloween Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla frosting
- Blue, green or purple paste food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 2-qt. ovenproof bowl. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mayonnaise; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared bowl.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in bowl 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Place on a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Pipe over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brainy Cake in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p10
Reviews forBrainy Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2015