Sad is such a misnomer for the name. The simple-to-make cake—it takes only 10 minutes to mix up—is sweet, chewy and yummy! —Lori Hanley, Hartsville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar and baking mix. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to sugar mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in pecans and coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.