Bite-Size Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and orange zest. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, yeast and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into an 8x6-in. rectangle; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons brown sugar mixture. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut dough crosswise into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cookies in glaze. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 92 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 23, 2018
These were a fun cookie to make and turned out great. Good flavor. Grandkids love them.
Aug 24, 2017
Delicious cookies that taste just like a cinnamon roll. Great for the holidays.
Feb 14, 2017
Tastes just like a cinnamon roll.
Dec 28, 2016
These are absolutely delicious! Great recipe and fun to make!
Dec 26, 2016
I normally make sugar cookies, I tried this recipe, oh yeah, home-run, right out of the park will make again and again, I wondered about the yeast just put it in dry after mixing the dry ingredients, perfect, I call it 'Crazy Good!'
Dec 25, 2016
Dont overbake. Chill dough both before and after rolling. Use more than stated cinnamon mixture otherwise there will be some left over.
Nov 25, 2016
These are yummy! No trouble with the dough. Very cute. A keeper.
Dec 17, 2015
What yeast is to be used for this recipe, instant or active dry?
Dec 16, 2015
Was a hit at the work party
Nov 30, 2015
Does the recipe really mean to use active dry yeast? I'm not sure how it would dissolve? Is this a mistake and it should be instant?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.