- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced okra
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute the first five ingredients in oil until the vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, okra, tomato sauce, soy sauce and hot sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until okra is tender. Serve with rice.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Serve with rice. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forBayou Okra Sausage Stew
"This was petty good but really I like a little more flavor. I used a jalapeno smoke sausage and added more hot sauce. This recipe does make alot! So this would be a great freezer meal."