- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Toppings: chocolate syrup, halved fresh strawberries and additional banana slices
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended; fold in pineapple. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer pudding mixture to bag.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange four crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup pudding mixture over crackers; top with about 1/4 cup banana slices. Repeat layers five times. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, top with chocolate syrup, strawberries and additional banana slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBanana Split Icebox Cake
"Banana splits is my husbands favorite treat. My family loved this desert. I personally thought it was pretty good (4 stars), but I'm more of a cookie person and don't normally go for these types of desserts. However, my family raved and it was easy to make, so I'll be making this again. I used coconut instant pudding instead of vanilla which was tasty. I also ended up using a lot more bananas than the recipe called for. I made this in 9x9 foil disposable pan which allowed me to make 3 layers and I used a total of 5 bananas to cover all the layers and top my cake."
"Show stopping dessert at parties!"
"so good and really really easy. thank you so much"
"It is wonderful. Serve it first, because you will have finished your meal. Have you heard " Eat dessert first:Life is short. moonbeam36"
"Love this recipe anytime of year, very easy to prepare in under 30 minutes except refrigeration time. Very yummy, lots of compliments!"
"Very delicious but have to eat fast because it gets really dry fast"