- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forBake-Sale Lemon Bars
"These were excellent. Took them to work and everyone raved. I did use zest of one lemon, gave it a great lemon flavor. Will make again. Great job Mildred. Thank you...I am also from Rockford. Nice to see a fellow neighbor in print."
"Made these today. easy, fast and delicious. I did use some lemon ?? rind in my recipe as per the tips. Spot on. I can see why so many people love this recipe. Thank you to all who rated and Made comments, it sure helps in selecting what you are willing to try. This will go in my keepers list of recipes. I will be sharing it with my family. Yum."
"These are delicious and easy to make! My daughter and I just ate two a piece! The best part is that these are made with ingredients that I had on hand.The crust was a perfect crunchy texture and the filling set up nice!"
"Love lemon bars! Always enjoyed at Easter and spring get togethers."
"I have used this exact recipe ever since I found it on the box of Minute Maid frozen lemon juice in the 1970's. The crust is delicious but will crumble easily, so serve on a plate. Best lemon bars ever!!"
"Have made this recipe from Taste of Home for over 20 years, it is absolutely The Best. Even better with fresh lemon juice & zest."
"Does anyone know if these can be frozen or how long they will last? Thanks!"
"Everyone loves them!"
"Very easy and fast to put together. I thought I had fresh lemons and was wrong. Used the bottled kind I had in fridge and was still very yummy. Now I use the bottled as back up when I am out of fresh or when lemons are higher priced. Fresh was better of course. I use this recipe a lot."