Air-Fryer Mushroom Roll-Ups
This party appetizer was inspired by a dish I saw on an episode of Top Chef. I simplified it a little and tweaked the flavors a bit. These mushroom roll-ups can be made ahead and reheated in a 250° oven for 10 minutes. —Lillian Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces large portobello mushrooms, gills discarded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; saute 4 minutes. Add oregano, thyme, pepper flakes and salt; saute until mushrooms are browned, 4-6 minutes. Cool.
- Combine cheeses; fold in mushrooms, mixing well. Spread 3 tablespoons mushroom mixture on bottom-center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In batches, place roll-up on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 9-11 minutes. When roll-ups are cool enough to handle, discard toothpicks. Serve with chutney.
Test Kitchen tip