A fast-to-fix peanut butter and chocolate frosting tops these moist brownies that are a sweet way to use up your green garden squash. We really like the cake-like texture of these zucchini brownies. —Allyson Wilkins, Amherst, New Hampshire
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini Brownies in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p43
Reviews for Zucchini Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review