- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Brownies
"I definitely agree with the other reviewers, this is much more of a cake consistency than a brownie. However, it is a fantastic cake. The frosting is what makes it different from the usual chocolate zucchini cake. It's simple, but very rich. Perfect mix of sweet and peanuty chocolate goodness!"
"I was expecting Brownies and I got cake. I found an after taste of 'soda'. In general it was OK but I have had better cake made with zucchini. I won't be making this again."
"I've made these several times. More like a snack cake that a brownie, but delicious!"
"Really great light chocolate taste. Used glaze instead of peanut butter and chocolate chips."