- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2-1/4 cups coarsely chopped dates
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Winter Fruit Macaroons
"I was really disappointed in these because the recipe looked so good. I mixed and measured everything exactly..... when I took the cookie tray out of the oven after 10 minutes, they were golden brown, but each cookie was sitting in a little puddle of milk. After 5 minutes of cooling, I could not scoop them off the tray with a spatula without making a gooey mess, they would not hold together. So I let them sit longer and still did not have any more success. I did use parchment paper on the trays. Maybe if I try them again I will use 3/4 of the milk called for."