I don’t always have time to make whoopie pies from scratch, so I tweaked a cake mix recipe to create these. Try a bit of peanut butter in the filling, too. Whoopee for saving time! —Nundi Harris, Las Vegas
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix and butter until well combined. Beat in eggs. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl beat marshmallow creme and cream cheese until blended (do not overbeat). Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Store, covered, in refrigerator 1-2 hours or until filling is set. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Whoopie Cookies in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p35
Reviews for Whoopie Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review