White Velvet Cutouts Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- Red and/or green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. shapes; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set (not browned). Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually add remaining sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add enough remaining milk and food coloring until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost cookies. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for White Velvet Cutouts(33)
Sort By :
Made these cookies when my kids were little. Lost the recipe. Glad I found it again. Yumy cookie!!!
This is the only cutout recipe I use. I substitute almond extract for the vanilla.
The best cutout cookies ever! Have been making for many years now.
must have for christmas.
This is the recipe I keep going back to. I'm going to try to roll log style and slice to save time when needed as another reviewer did.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >