White Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand a few minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"I have never baked or cooked a recipe from Taste of Home that I did not like.......but this one takes the cake for horrible!!!!! The cookies are flatter than a pancake!!!!!! I did everything as said, and still horrible!!!!"
"Awful! The cookies spread all over the pan and wouldn't bake normally - they were burnt on the outside and raw in the centres. I'll never make these again."
"These cookies were good. I baked them for about 10 minutes. I think I will keep looking for a better recipe."
"my family really liked these cookes. easy to make & tastes yummy"