- 3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
- Nonpareils and/or halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended.
- With hands lightly dusted with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press lightly with a floured fork. Top with nonpareils or cherry halves.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16-18 dozen.
Reviews for Whipped Shortbread
Sort By :
"I have been baking for years, and have never had such a fantastic recipe to work with. It was awesome, the texture and taste were great! I made them into thumbprints (using a teaspoon instead of my thumb) and they were/are delicious! Thank you for the great recipes you make available!"
"Question, when rolling into ball the dough is extremely sticky, they are flattening like a pancake in the oven, what am I doing wrong?"
"I was very disappointed in these. I should have read all the reviews first. They have no flavor, dry and crumbly, only made 8 doz. I would look for a better recipe."
"Make this every Christmas :)"
"LOVE this recipe! I added vanilla to them - probably 2-3t - it made all the difference - the recipe made 8 dozen, not 16, but I am happy with the results!"