Whipped Shortbread Recipe
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
- Nonpareils and/or halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended.
- With hands lightly dusted with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press lightly with a floured fork. Top with nonpareils or cherry halves.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16-18 dozen.
Reviews for Whipped Shortbread(27)
Sort By :
One of my new favorite holiday cookies. Simple and not super sweet. The whole family loved them and begged for more!
They felt powdery but flavorful. I wish they would have been less dry
Yes I agreed awful didn't like the recipe
Awful! A perfect waste of 3 pounds of butter. They were very dry (crumbled -- NOT melted -- like powder in our mouths) and had no flavor. I'm willing to bet there are better shortbread recipes out there. Can't believe these were contest winning.
Yummy, my Mom used to make cookies like these. Thanks for the recipe Jane!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >