Whipped Shortbread Recipe
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
- Nonpareils and/or halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended.
- With hands lightly dusted with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press lightly with a floured fork. Top with nonpareils or cherry halves.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16-18 dozen.
Reviews for Whipped Shortbread(17)
Sort By :
AWESOME! These have been added to my Christmas cookies to make every year!
Oh so delicate. Making another batch.
Awesome cookies!! I added chopped pecans. So yummy, my hubby loved them and so did I
I like easy & these look soooo good! Can' t wait to make them for Christmas!
Thank you Jane for sharing this one. It is by far the best whipped shortbread recipe ever. I cut the recipe down to 1/3 the amounts you have shown here, as I don't need such a large quantity. Merry Christmas!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >