- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: chopped avocado, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, jalapenos, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, steak seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns with toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as West Coast Snappy Joes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for West Coast Snappy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2014
"Nice twist on the normal sloppy joe. Tons of flavor!"