- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Wearing O' Green Cake
Sort By :
Turned out awesome, super easy to make and a definite make again recipe!!! Soooo yummy!
Cake was good - frosting impossible to make. Could not find a 3.4 oz. pkg of instant sugar free pudding. Used a 1.5 oz. & a 1 oz. & couldn't use a whisk as it was too thick. If making again I would just use the sugar free cool whip and skip the pudding.
i didnt do a very good job with the jello portion of this cake...i dont think i made the holes right and the jello didnt sit in them the cake just soaked it up but it is still one of the best cakes ive ever had the icing is amazing and i will never buy pre made icing again i will only make it this way cant wait to try this again but with a different flavor....
This certainly was not my family's favorite. There was too much lime jello and it was much too strong. Will not make this again.
Can someone please please tell me if your suppose to pour the whole 1 1/2 cup of lime gelatin over the cake? That seems like so much. I need to know ASAP. It's ready to pour now.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >