- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry jam or jam of your choice
- 4 whole graham crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix melted butter and vanilla; add to oats mixture, stirring until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Spread jam over top to within 1/2 in. of edges. Add crushed graham crackers to reserved topping; sprinkle over jam.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Reviews for Warren's Oatmeal Jam Squares
Sort By :
Yum... Made these with my homemade grape jelly! Doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan. Hubby said it could of used more jelly ~ I used a whole pint jar! But this is coming from an man that could eat the jelly out of the jar with a spoon :)
Love this Warren and I live near Brattleboro!!! Thanks for sharing. Bless you!!!
The only problem I had with these is that I didn't press the bottom crust firmly enough and they were quite crumbly. But scrumptious enough to pick up every little bit.
I made these bars yesterday and they were so easy and SO DELICIOUS!
WIll be making these again, because I like the oats and jam together. However, I wish I had used brown sugar instead of white for more flavor. Also, next time I will keep 1.5 cups of the oat mixtutre and only use that for the topping- completely omitting the graham crackers. They made the bars much to messy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Oatmeal Bars >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Raspberry Bars >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >