Warren's Oatmeal Jam Squares Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry jam or jam of your choice
- 4 whole graham crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix melted butter and vanilla; add to oats mixture, stirring until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Spread jam over top to within 1/2 in. of edges. Add crushed graham crackers to reserved topping; sprinkle over jam.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Reviews for Warren's Oatmeal Jam Squares(12)
Sort By :
Love this Warren and I live near Brattleboro!!! Thanks for sharing. Bless you!!!
The only problem I had with these is that I didn't press the bottom crust firmly enough and they were quite crumbly. But scrumptious enough to pick up every little bit.
I made these bars yesterday and they were so easy and SO DELICIOUS!
WIll be making these again, because I like the oats and jam together. However, I wish I had used brown sugar instead of white for more flavor. Also, next time I will keep 1.5 cups of the oat mixtutre and only use that for the topping- completely omitting the graham crackers. They made the bars much to messy.
Made these for an office brunch using homemade strawberry jam. Very well received and easy. Would work well with other jams.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Oatmeal Bars >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Raspberry Bars >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >