You'll quickly warm up to the old-fashioned taste of this cinnamon-apple topping. Spoon it over vanilla ice cream or slices of pound cake. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Featured In: 23 Apple Slow Cooker Recipes
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Pound cake or ice cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and cornstarch; pour over fruit. Stir in pecans, raisins and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook, covered, on low until fruit is tender, 3-4 hours. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve with cake or ice cream. Yield: about 6 cups.
Originally published as Fruit Dessert Topping in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p53
Reviews for Warm Cinnamon-Apple Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2016
"i really liked this topping. i used it on waffles and it was a huge success. plan to make it again."