Unstuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Peppers(8)
Sort By :
I liked - like stuffed green peppers but all mixed tog. Have to like green peppers, I guess.
I've been making this for years. We call it "Lazy-Man Stuffed Peppers." Quick, easy and yummy!
I did not really like this dish. I thought it was lacking flavor and the peppers were still undercooked even after I left it in the oven twice as long.
A good, quick recipe to make, however, I would add salt and pepper to the mixture before baking. I agree that extra breadcrumb topping makes the dish! I loved the crunchiness of the topping.
I thought this was a tasty dish, it took a bit more work to prepare then I anticipated but it was good. The bread crumbs on top make the dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >