- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"This recipe is great but I made quite a few changes...first I used ground chicken rather than beef... i did sautee the onion and pepper with the chicken...even after the chicken was browned I continue to cook the mixture covered for about 25 min to allow the peppers to soften...then added lots of garlic and Italian seasoning. ....a small can of mushrooms...and used a store bought sundried tomato sauce....as for the rice I added chicken bouillo about a half teaspoon for added flavor...and I used cheddar cheese....n topped it with the breadcrumbs....I Will make it again thank you so much for sharing..."
"This was too tomato-y for us so I will not be making it again."
"What a fantastic recipe! I used "no salt added" tomato sauce instead of marinara, due to needing to cut back on salt. It tasted WONDERFUL without as much sodium. I will certainly make again!"
"Love, love, LOVE this recipe!!! Have made it many, many times and each time it gets better! I did change one thing - I use canned Italian seasoned tomatoes (with the juice) instead of the marinara sauce. It tastes WONDERFUL!!! We also sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and it does add an extra dimension to the taste."
"This was an easy to prepare recipe but it doesn't have quite the visual impact of stuffed peppers. It tasted okay. I put some parmesan cheese on the top for more flavor."