- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Peppers
"I liked this. Thought it was tasty and fairly quick to make. I used Itaian seasoning."
"I tried this recipe and I did tweak the recipe by using ground turkey instead of beef, 1 yellow and one green pepper, 1 chopped onion, 1 can each (15-oz.) pizza sauce and Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained, 1-1/2 tsp. seasoned salt, 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, 1 cup long grain uncooked white rice, 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. I'd also used 2 garlic cloves, minced. I didn't have the marinara sauce or salt-free seasoning blend available! I also sprinkled the meat mixture with the cheese, rather than add TO meat mixture, then I combined the bread crumbs and oil which I spread over top of the meat-cheese! I did bake this dish longer: a total of 1/2 hour as I'd basically cooked the ground turkey until browned and had added the onion, peppers, garlic-I'd used 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil to brown meat and a 6-qt. saucepan so I'd have more room to add everything needed for this recipe. I found this recipe to be tasty-I have rated it as a 4. I'm learning that sometimes a newly-prepared dish needs to "mature" in flavor and tastes better the next day!"
"This is one of my husband's all time favorite meal. I make at least twice a month, if not more. So simple and excellent!"
"I really love stuffed peppers and unstuffed pepper soup so I really was excited to try this casserole . I tweeted it a little bit to suite our tastes.I used the Ralph's onion and pepper blend. I used tomatoe sauce instead of marinara and added extra rice. This turned out pretty good . I will probably make it again.I tried to click 4 stars I'm not sure what happened with that."
"Excellent!!!! I used Classico Caramelized Onion & Roasted Garlic marinara sauce and added a little bit of minced garlic."