Unstuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"Love, love, LOVE this recipe!!! Have made it many, many times and each time it gets better! I did change one thing - I use canned Italian seasoned tomatoes (with the juice) instead of the marinara sauce. It tastes WONDERFUL!!! We also sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and it does add an extra dimension to the taste."
"This was an easy to prepare recipe but it doesn't have quite the visual impact of stuffed peppers. It tasted okay. I put some parmesan cheese on the top for more flavor."
"Great recipe, easy to make and delicious. My husband and I both loved this. The only change I made is omitting the rice, and it sill turned out great."
"My husband and I really liked this. I used one red pepper and one green one. Milder flavor that way. Had to omit the cheese due to dietary restrictions, but it was still very good! Will make this one again for sure!"
"I enjoyed making this recipe...substitutions were made with what I had on hand: I used ground chicken, and a package of frozen mixed red and yellow pepper strips with onions instead of green peppers. Delicious!!"