Unstuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Peppers(12)
Sort By :
My husband and I really liked this. I used one red pepper and one green one. Milder flavor that way. Had to omit the cheese due to dietary restrictions, but it was still very good! Will make this one again for sure!
I enjoyed making this recipe...substitutions were made with what I had on hand: I used ground chicken, and a package of frozen mixed red and yellow pepper strips with onions instead of green peppers. Delicious!!
Love this recipe and have used it for several years. We like the fact you can choose more meat an rice instead of too much green pepper. In the summer I freeze bags of green peppers the size and amount for this recipe.
It was good not great
I liked - like stuffed green peppers but all mixed tog. Have to like green peppers, I guess.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >