- 18 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed nuts
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate, milk chocolate and/or white baking chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place popcorn and nuts in a greased roasting pan; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10X1-in. baking pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt each chocolate separately, adding 1 teaspoon shortening to each 1/2 cup chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; let stand until set.
- Break into clusters. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Ultimate Caramel Chocolate Popcorn in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p57
Reviews for Ultimate Caramel Chocolate Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2012
Delicious, made it for work and everyone gobbled it up.