Striped Chocolate Popcorn
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, pretzels and pecans. Drizzle with butter and toss; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Spread on foil-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let stand in a cool place until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 177 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2015
I used white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips and more pecans.
Dec 9, 2015
Yum! This is so good!
Jan 18, 2014
This is a "Where have you been all my life recipe??!!" So simple. So pretty. And just the right combination of salty and sweet.. We skip the butter part and opt for two large bags of buttered microwave popcorn. For a snack, party or gifts - this is an excellent combination.
Jul 6, 2012
This was sooo yummy! The white chocolate takes longer to firm than the milk chocolate does so make ahead. I thought next time I might toss in some mini marshmallows? Would make an excllent gift for the kids friends at Christmas!