Gladys Gibson's simple but savory pie makes a tasty addition to brunch buffets and leisurely luncheons. The Hodgenville, Kentucky cook relies on a cheesy mixture for the pie's golden topping and a refrigerated pastry shell for easy preparation.
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Bake pastry shell according to package directions; cool. Place tomatoes in the crust; sprinkle with bacon. In a small bowl, combine the cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon over bacon in the center of pie, leaving 1 in. around edge.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent over browning). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Bacon Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p8
Reviews for Tomato Bacon Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review