- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 jar (17 ounces) butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake. Pour 3/4 cup caramel topping into holes. Spoon remaining caramel over cake. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forToffee Poke Cake
"Poke cakes are one of my favorites...rich, moist and just delicious. To make this even more decadent, use a layer of hot fudge sauce first, then the caramel sauce. Takes it to a whole new level!"
"My family raved about this cake. It's a keeper."
"This is a really rich and moist cake. I used Butterfinger bars instead of the toffee. Delicious!"
"Wow!!! Perfect for our large bible study group! Easy to make and amazingly delicious!! Hardest thing to do is forget the calories! Haha"
"Out of 6 desserts at a recent potluck, this was the runaway favorite. Both kids and adults enjoyed and some went back for a second big slice! Easy to make. next time I may try the sweetened condensed milk people mentioned. I used Smucker's Salted Caramel sauce, delicious!"
"I made the cake yesterday. It was good, a very easy desert to make. Great for a BBQ. I think when i make it again I'm going to add a Choc Ganache frosting instead of whip cream."
"This is a delicious cake! We brought it to a friend's house and they loved it."
"This is an easy, delicious, go to desert that my family loves. I buy the bags of chopped Heath Bars for even more ease!"