Oklahoma Coconut Poke Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream of coconut and milk. Remove cake from oven; place on a wire rack. Using a wooden skewer, pierce top of cake to within 1 inch of edge; twist skewer gently to make slightly larger holes. Spoon milk mixture evenly over cake, being careful to fill each hole. Cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 320 calories, 12g fat (10g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 21, 2016
I love coconut and I love a moist and dense cake. This delivers in both areas! Easy to make and delicious!
Apr 19, 2016
I have made this cake many times . Very easy it make . Very moist and yummy . Is a family favorite . And my family usually does not prefer cake .
Oct 25, 2015
This cake is awesome when refrigerated overnight after pouring the milk mixture over the cake. Next day spread with the cool whip and coconut and place back in refrigerator until time to serve. I have always got raves for this cake.
Jan 10, 2015
The cream of coconut is usually with the drink mixers in our grocery store Librartist. Look for the Margarita mix and it should be nearby!
Dec 21, 2014
Im having trouble finding cream of coconut. I have found canned coconut milk, but not the cream?
Oct 8, 2014
This is an easy, delicious recipe. Sometimes I will add a can of drained crushed pineapple after the milk soaks in.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.