- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 jar (17 ounces) butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake. Pour 3/4 cup caramel topping into holes. Spoon remaining caramel over cake. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Toffee Poke Cake
"My family raved about this cake. It's a keeper."
"This is our favorite poke cake. Other types don't have as much flavor. Caramel and chocolate go so well together and the whipped topping makes it creamy and rich!"
"This is a really rich and moist cake. I used Butterfinger bars instead of the toffee. Delicious!"
"Wow!!! Perfect for our large bible study group! Easy to make and amazingly delicious!! Hardest thing to do is forget the calories! Haha"
"I made the cake yesterday. It was good, a very easy desert to make. Great for a BBQ. I think when i make it again I'm going to add a Choc Ganache frosting instead of whip cream."
"This is a delicious cake! We brought it to a friend's house and they loved it."
"This is an easy, delicious, go to desert that my family loves. I buy the bags of chopped Heath Bars for even more ease!"
"I have made this for years except it has been called Better Than Sex Cake. We've always used a German Chocolate Cake mix and then pour a can of sweetened condensed milk and then either the butterscotch caramel, caramel or hot fudge topping over the top and into the holes. Let set either overnight or 6-8 hrs. Put whipped topping and toffee bits on the top and serve. Always a hit!"