- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture (the dough will be soft).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Tea Cakes in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p21
Reviews for Tea Cakes(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 24, 2013
These were simple to make and tasted great. I wouldn't' change a thing.
Reviewed May. 17, 2011
excellent as it stands no adjustments required
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2010
I love these! Even my picky 10 year old son and husband (he doesn't like sweets) love these. I added an additional 1/4 cup butter.
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2008