Sweet Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup Recipe
- 2 cups complete pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup grated apple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CIDER SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, stir the pancake mix, water, apple and cinnamon just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cider until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Reviews for Sweet Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup
Sort By :
"I have only made the syrup and I love it! I did think it thickened almost too much the first time so this second time I added more cider (just personal preference). It tastes great and helps not to have to buy the real maple syrup so often which certainly helps with grocery costs."
"I just made the syrup using apple juice and it was fantastic! Not as sweet as the store bought and so full of flavor. I am going to try this receipe with blueberry juice. I did not make the pancakes."
"Hubby and I are diabetics so one change, had a Splenda/cinnamon/nutmeg mix for apple pie so used that for sugar and spices. Also 1 tsp baking powder. Awesome!!"
"Can't wait to make this for a church brunch in Sept. I would LOVE it if TOH had a catagory for large group recipes."
"Made these just yesterday for my daughter, son-in-law and myself. We give the recipe 3 thumbs up and 5 stars for excellent. We all thought they were delicious."