Strawberries 'n' Cream Scones Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead five times. Gently knead in strawberries, about five times. Pat into an 8-in. circle; brush with egg and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges and place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Strawberries 'n' Cream Scones(3)
Sort By :
Exactly to recipe an excellent scone
Delicious and very pretty!
These delicious scones, with a creamy melt in your mouth taste and soft, juciy strawberries, truly live up to their name. We loved these scones - they are already the favorite scone for most of our family. The batter was a bit sticky to work with but definately worth it!!! Will make again!