Split-Second Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four equal portions; shape each into a 12-in. x 3/4-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on two greased baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down center of logs; fill with jam. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Split-Second Cookies(7)
Sort By :
SO quick and SO easy. Everyone LOVES them. They can be made with so many different variations.
Delicious cookies that only look hard to make. Easy and elegant. I used 1/2 tsp. each almond extract and vanilla instead of the tsp. of vanilla, as I love almond with raspberries.
This is the same recipe my Mother-in-law has made for years!! It is great and so EASY to make!!
I make this cookie often for all seasons, with all sorts of jam, peach, apricot, strawberry. It goes together quickly, tastes great, and everyone is impressed with how pretty they look. It's also easy because it's only two pans in the oven. No making and rollowing out lots of little cookies, thought it looks like I took so much time!